Muslin Square Organic CottonArt.No.: ČČBIO
Shopping with us pays off:
Muslin Square Organic Cotton
Muslin squares are a must for every parent!
It doesn’t matter whether you plan to use cloth diapers or disposables for your baby. A muslin cloth has so many different uses! You will soon find out that you definitely need more of them.
Muslin squares by Bamboolik are so soft that you will want to be swaddled in them, too! At least we wouldn’t mind :)
And in case you’re wondering what makes this piece of cloth more expensive than other similar products. Do not wonder! It’s because we sew them in the Czech Republic (the so-called heart of Europe) and they’re made of GOTS certified organic cotton of European origin. We sew our Organic Cotton Muslin Squares in a small sewing factory that employs single mums and women with children under 4. Therefore, our Muslin Squares cannot compare (pricewise) to similar products made either completely in Asia or made in Europe, but with fabric coming from Asia. (Nothing against those. But our goal is to sell truly European Muslin Squares.)
Planning to use our Organic Cotton Muslin Squares as diapers/prefolds? Here’s how:
Not a fan of using Muslin Squares as diapers? Here’s why you need them anyway – 13 reasons why you need Muslin Squares for your baby.
Measurements: 70 x 70 cm
Composition: 100% GOTS-certified Organic Cotton, 120g/m2
Information on maintenance: Organic Cotton Muslin Squares can be washed at 90oC, but only once in a while. Don’t wash them at such high temperatures regularly. We assure you that washing at 60oC is absolutely sufficient, hygiene-wise. Higher temperatures may decrease the longevity of your Muslin Squares. They can be tumble-dried.
Did you know?
- GOTS certification means the best quality in organic cotton, both material- a sustainability-wise.
- There are very strict rules for cotton fields on which GOTS certified organic cotton is grown: No herbicides, no pesticides (heavily used in conventional cotton farming). Great for the material itself (the cotton doesn’t contain any residues of these chemicals) as well as for the land – the soil and the water in the area don’t become polluted.
- GOTS certified cotton fields have to alternate crop every few years so that the soil doesn’t get too tired (in conventional cotton farming, the soil is very often exploited to such extent that it becomes literally dead).
- Manufacturing the GOTS certified cotton fibre has its own strict rules as well – especially when it comes chemical treatment that is usually employed to create strong and resistant fibres. That’s beneficial not only for the actual fibre but also for the workers (in conventional cotton manufacturing, the workers are often exposed to so many chemicals at work that it might be detrimental for their health).
- With GOTS certified organic cotton, you are guaranteed that all the workers included in the process receive fair wages.
- Bamboolik's organic-cotton muslin squares and napkins have been granted the GOTS certification for the finished product - this means that in addition to the material, the fabric dying of these products is also certified and therefore completely harmless.