Reusable Overnight / Maternity Pad | Organic Cotton TerryCode: 92232 92242 Choose variant
Product detailed description
Reusable sanitary pads from organic cotton terry, for heavy bleeding over the night or for the postpartum period.
Get more pads, pay less! There’s a discount if you buy in bulk ... Click the tab "SALE!" to see how it works.
Why reusable pads?
- THEY’RE BREATHABLE. Crucial, if you’re using reusable pads for a longer period (the night) or during the postpartum period in which breathability helps the healing process (breathability prevents inflammations and other gynaecological issues). Disposable pads are made mostly of artificial materials that can never compete with cloth when it comes to breathability and especially not with 100% organic cotton with GOTS-Certification.
- THE PERFECT CUT. We constructed our overnight / maternity pads so that they copy your body, fit comfortably into your underwear, and also stay put thanks to their wings. By the way, the wings are sewn on the body of the pad which is not cut from one piece, wings included, as most reusable pads are. This means nothing will leak on the wings and our night / maternity pads are 100% reliable. Moreover, we made the front and the back of the pads longer so that you can always rely on them at night, regardless of your preferred sleeping position.
- RELIABILITY. Our pads have a waterproof layer (from PUL—membrane-like material that is waterproof and breathable at the same time). We hemmed the body of our pads with satin so that nothing leak on the wings. Our night / postpartum pads are tremendously absorbing—thanks to organic cotton terry inside the pad.
How to use overnight / maternity pads?
- As any other sanitary pad of its kind! No big deal.
- Wash your sanitary pads before the first use. (Don’t be alarmed when the pad shrinks slightly after the first wash. It’s just the first wash, it will not shrink any more.)
- Put your pad in your underwear terry side up (terry is the contact side, the side that touches your underwear is made of PUL which rustles a little). Secure it with wings.
- Change your pads as often as you would with disposables, based on the level of your comfort.
- After your period is over (or after four days, whichever comes first), machine wash your pads at 60 °C. We recommend soaking the pads prior to washing them in cold water (to dissolve haemoglobin that might stain your pads for good).
- All our reusable pads can be tumble dried.
- When using these pads as maternity pads in the first days after delivery, your bleeding is most likely quite heavy. Therefore, we recommend soaking and washing your pads more often than after the recommended four days. (However, it’s really the first week after childbirth, in the following weeks of postpartum, your bleeding doesn’t differ from your standard period that much.)
- More info on reusable pads maintenance can be found in this article.
- Reusable pads can also be used as incontinency pads.
How many pads do I need?
- The length of a menstrual cycle is very individual, as well as the length and intensity of postpartum bleeding. Absorbing capacity of our reusable pads is tremendous, it’s absolutely comparable (if not higher) to the absorbing capacity of disposable sanitary pads. Therefore, the number of pads you’ll need is pretty much similar to disposable pads you would use.
- For postpartum bleeding, your bleeding will most likely be the heaviest in the first two weeks after you’ve had your baby. For the remaining weeks of postpartum, you’ll be very likely fine with just regular sanitary pads, for the last week panty liners may suffice. (Both types of pads can be used later on when your regular menstrual cycle comes back.)
Proportions of our overnight / maternity pad:
Another alternative for overnight or for postpartum is our Reusable Overnight / Maternity Pad Satin & Organic Cotton. What is the difference between these two?
- Pads made of organic cotton terry are softer to touch.
- Organic cotton terry is more flexible, on the other hand cotton satin holds its shape better.
- Satin pads are more absorbing, they have one more layer inside.
And one more thing: Our pads are manufactured in our small sewing factory that employs mothers of small children or single mothers. From women to women :-)
|Category:||Reusable Sanitary Pads|
|Kód MASTER produktu:||VLOZBIONOC|
Live Webinar: FAQ Reusable Sanitary Pads
Reusable pads for an eco-friendly period
Stoffbinden für die Zero Waste Monatshygiene
Be the first who will post an article to this item!